…… to the website of the parish of St Mary & St Petroc, Bodmin, in Cornwall. We are a Roman Catholic parish of four churches within the diocese of Plymouth. We hope you will enjoy browsing our website. Whether you are a visitor or a parishioner you are very welcome!
COMING BACK TO MASS
The welcome news that we can celebrate Mass with a congregation came this week. The mass is what our faith is all about especially Sunday Mass. Mass will be said every day at St Mary’s so if you would rather come when there might not be many people attending then do come to one of the daily masses. It is very important to emphasise that the Sunday obligation, at present, remains suspended.
Due to the ongoing Covid 19 we have to take great care in the way we come together.
- There is no obligation to come to Mass
- If you are in any way unwell or with any underlying condition DO NOT COME.
- When you come you will have a designated seat at a safe distance from others
- We ask you to wear a face covering throughout the Mass.
- The mass will be shorter (no singing).
- Communion will be at the end of Mass.
- There will be stewards on duty to help with the new procedures.
It is important to follow the guidelines below:
- Hands will be sanitised on entering the church
- Guidance to your seat will be given
- No kneeling – sitting or standing permitted only
- Communion will be by hand only
- No candles will be available for lighting
Track and Trace
We are obliged to fill out the forms which accompany this letter for each Mass we attend with the time and date of Mass also. This is an added precaution we are taking in case we are contacted by the Track & Trace system. This would only happen if they are notified of a person who has attended one of our Masses and has gone on to show symptoms.
We have to the best of our ability and Government/Diocese guidelines made Church a safe space for our parishioners to attend
Fr. Ciarán McGuinness
Saturday Vigil Mass 12noon (This will be recorded and broadcast for those unable to attend mass.)
Weekday masses Monday – Friday will be at 10.00am.
The church will close immediately after each Mass.
All masses will be celebrated at St Mary’s Church Bodmin.
There will be no washroom facilities.
Our parish priest is Fr Ciaran McGuinness. The presbytery in Bodmin and the parish office are situated in the Parish Centre. If you wish to speak with Fr Ciaran please leave a message and he will return your call.
For masses not available on our own sites go to sites below.
For Plymouth Cathedral masses go to either website below and follow their YouTube links.
www.plymouthcathedral.co.uk or to the Diocesan website
You can still access some of our teaching courses by going to the relevant pages.
Thinking of becoming a Catholic? This could be the best move of your life! If you are interested please have a word with Fr Ciaran.
This website was created for the Parish of St Mary & St Petroc, Bodmin, by St Paul Repository