Welcome to the website of the parish of St Mary & St Petroc, Bodmin, in Cornwall. We are a Roman Catholic parish of four churches within the diocese of Plymouth. We hope you will enjoy browsing our website. Whether you are a visitor or a parishioner you are very welcome!
SATURDAY Vigil Mass 5.30pm St Petroc’s Shared Church, Padstow
SUNDAY 9.00am St Mary & St Petroc, BODMIN
10.30am St Mary & St Petroc, BODMIN
5.30pm St Paul the Apostle, TINTAGEL
Our 9 am Mass will be streamed live on YouTube. To watch please click this link:
To watch just go to the Bodmin Catholic Parish Channel on YouTube a few minutes before the Mass is due to start and click on the picture with a little ‘Live’ logo in the corner.
We will be doing this every weekend now so we’ll no longer be recording the Saturday vigil Mass. Recordings of the Sunday Mass will be posted on YouTube after the live stream.
Recordings will be available on YouTube and Facebook after the Mass has finished.
MONDAY 10.00AM ST MARY & ST PETROC, BODMIN
TUESDAY 10.00AM ST PETROC SHARED CHURCH, PADSTOW
WEDNESDAY 10.00AM ST MARY & ST PETROC, BODMIN
THURSDAY 10.00AM ST PAUL THE APOSTLE, TINTAGEL
FRIDAY 10.00AM ST MICHAEL CHURCH, WADEBRIDGE
Please check newsletter for changes to times of Mass.
We will lift some of the restrictions in the way we celebrate Holy Mass.
- We can receive Holy Communion at the proper time (not at the end of Mass) and return to our seats afterwards.
- We will sing from the hymn books (n.b. wearing face masks)
Otherwise we continue observing certain restrictions
- We will continue to sanitise hands and wear face masks on entering the church.
- Track & Trace by QR Code or paper slip available in church porch. Please ensure you put the date and time of the mass you attended on your track and trace slip.
- Sign of Peace: we will continue to refrain from the handshake of peace
- We will be livestreaming the 9.00am mass only. To watch please click this link: Bodmin Catholic Parish – YouTube
- Regular Sunday Mass at St Paul the Apostle, Tintagel will recommence on
the 1st August at 5:30 pm. A booking system will operate, so if you
wish to attend please go to the St Paul website
The church will close immediately after each Mass.
There will be no washroom facilities
We have all got to be patient with each other and especially with the priests as we try to implement what is best for our worship. Until further notice nothing changes re: Holy Communion, wearing of masks and hand sanitising.
Fr Ciarán McGuinness
Our parish priest is Fr Ciaran McGuinness. The presbytery in Bodmin and the parish office are situated in the Parish Centre. If you wish to speak with Fr Ciaran please leave a message and he will return your call.
You can still access some of our teaching courses by going to the relevant pages.
Thinking of becoming a Catholic? This could be the best move of your life! If you are interested please have a word with Fr Ciaran.
This website was created for the Parish of St Mary & St Petroc, Bodmin, by St Paul Repository